SPF, MX, PTR

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SPF, MX, PTR

Miguel Angel Mtz
Hello, a few months ago i asked about a feature that
it will be a mayor improve to the speed of assp (i
guess) why not keep a PTR, SPF, MX records on a cache
as the RBL does right now?

We can do a query for first time to get the 3 values
of the remote DNS at the same time:

* One query to the DNS of the sender domain and get
the 3 records SPF, PTR and MX
* One Query to the RBL servers

In this model we get only 2 querys and not 4 for each
message, and if we have the cache for all the next
time we have to do 0 querys to DNS servers.

I thought about these feature because if you disenable
all DNS querys (RBL, SPF, PTR, MX) you get more speed
on ASSP.

What do you think?


      ____________________________________________________________________________________
¡Sé un mejor besador!
Comparte todo lo que sabes sobre besos.                      
http://mx.yahoo.com/promos/mejorbesador.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
_______________________________________________
Assp-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/assp-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SPF, MX, PTR

Doug Traylor
Miguel Angel Mtz wrote:
> Hello, a few months ago i asked about a feature that
> it will be a mayor improve to the speed of assp (i
> guess) why not keep a PTR, SPF, MX records on a cache
> as the RBL does right now?
>
> <snip>
>
> What do you think?
>  
Sounds like good reasoning.  We'll have to wait to see what Fritz
thinks.  He may have considered this already and discarded it as not
effective, or he may be planning to add something like it in the future.

Doug Traylor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
_______________________________________________
Assp-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/assp-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SPF, MX, PTR

Miguel Angel Mtz
I hope that will be included in the next version, and
i forget that cn be do it with the RWL and the URIBL
too

I'm currently developing a module to limit our local
domains to send a X amount of mail per day to prevent
abuses

Regards


--- Doug Traylor <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Miguel Angel Mtz wrote:
> > Hello, a few months ago i asked about a feature
> that
> > it will be a mayor improve to the speed of assp (i
> > guess) why not keep a PTR, SPF, MX records on a
> cache
> > as the RBL does right now?
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > What do you think?
> >  
> Sounds like good reasoning.  We'll have to wait to
> see what Fritz
> thinks.  He may have considered this already and
> discarded it as not
> effective, or he may be planning to add something
> like it in the future.
>
> Doug Traylor
>
>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
> Still grepping through log files to find problems?
> Stop.
> Now Search log events and configuration files using
> AJAX and a browser.
> Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>
> http://get.splunk.com/
> _______________________________________________
> Assp-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/assp-devel
>



      ____________________________________________________________________________________
¡Sé un mejor ambientalista!
Encuentra consejos para cuidar el lugar donde vivimos.                      
http://mx.yahoo.com/promos/mejorambientalista.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
_______________________________________________
Assp-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/assp-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SPF, MX, PTR

Doug Traylor
Miguel Angel Mtz wrote:

> I hope that will be included in the next version, and
> i forget that cn be do it with the RWL and the URIBL
> too
>
> I'm currently developing a module to limit our local
> domains to send a X amount of mail per day to prevent
> abuses
>
> Regards
>  
The main developer, Fritz, is spending most of his time in the assp-test
mailing list.  You might try posting this there, or communicate directly
with him via email to see if this is something he might be considering.

Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
_______________________________________________
Assp-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/assp-devel